Want a quick afternoon break from bar studying and summer research projects? Curious about how meditation can help you better focus, manage stress, communicate, and be happier? Stop by a Mindful Minute Study Break in the Law Library this summer, 3:30 every Wednesday.
The study breaks will be 15 minute to half-hour guided meditations. You don’t need any prior meditation experience – the guided meditations will tell you exactly what to do (basically, sit, breathe, & relax!). We’ll use guided meditations from the University of Virginia’s Mindfulness Center, & other sources.
No need to sign-up ahead of time– just come on by the Law Library’s Fox Room (1st floor, across from the Circulation Desk). Each week’s meditation will have a different theme – here’s a schedule:
Law Library, Fox Room
(1st floor, across from Circulation Desk)
- May 28, Take a Deep Breath: Simple meditation on breathing to help you relax
- June 4, Keep breathing: More meditation on breath & the five senses
- June 11, Focus Your Energy: Meditation to help with concentration
- June 18, Show Yourself Some Love! Meditation to help you be kind to yourself under stress
- June 25, Moving Meditation: Stretching & walking meditation
- July 2, Fireworks! Meditation to help you handle stressful feelings
- July 9, Show Yourself, & Others, More Love! Kindness meditation
- July 16, Sit Back & Relax: Meditation with stress-reducing nature sounds
– Kristin Glover