There is a lot of new information to take in during
your first few weeks of law school. The law library’s “Introduction to
Legal Research” guide helps you get your bearings — and find the coffee! Check out its “top seven” list of things to know about the
Law Library in your first semester. It also has a video to help you use
the books in the law library to find cases on legal issues you’re researching.
Other things you'll want to do to make sure you're getting the most you can out of your law library experience:
- Check out our FAQ for 1Ls. It's chock full of tips on printing, copying, passwords, and library use.
- Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook so you'll know what's happening with hours changes, new library resources, trainings, research tips, and more!
- Sign up for CALI online study aids. The registration code is found on Law Web, or you can pick up a card packet with code at the circulation desk on the first floor or the reference desk on the second floor.
- Get to know your law librarians! We're here to help you and we look forward to getting to know you, too!
– Kristin Glover and Amy Wharton, for the library staff